Our client is developing a platform for public transit agencies that is re-imagining the way passengers are travelling now with scheduling/dispatch solutions, real-time data and sometimes integrated with the local transportation network (e.g. traffic light system). Many of the public transit agencies have better access to useable data to enable data-backed decisions in every department of the agency.
The architecture of the software is complex and will have an impact on the way millions of people travel in USA, Germany, Austria, Switzerland etc.
You will have the opportunity to contribute on technical assessments and proposals, then start developing a new module for this application. During the ramp-up period you will have support from a Senior Developer and our CTO. Furthermore, you will be involved in building a new team to develop the proposed solutions.
The backend and the new frontend are based on JAVA platform:
- JAVA 8 with OpenJDK
- Eclipse RCP (with GEF for graphical representations)
- Equinox OSGi implementation
- Apache Catalina application server
- ActiveMQ, Protobuf
- Google Guava
- Postgres SQL
- GeoServer for GIS
- WebServices (SOAP)
Other modules from the platform are developed with different technologies (.NET with WCF), however you will only have a user role for these ones.
While developing the new module, the plan is to add:
- WebServices (REST)
If you’ll join us you will have :
- Continuous support for your development (trainings – technical & soft skills, certifications, in-house trainings, tutorials)
- Access to various learning materials, courses and trainings (Bookster, Safari, Pluralsight)
- Team events, parties, teambuilding
- An awesome Java Community where we share information and contribute to each other evolution
- Full exposure to the customer
- Passionate colleagues and growing environment
- Awesome Agile team
What are we looking for:
- Availability for client visits abroad
- Adaptability and willingness to assure success of the project
- Understanding of the business context of the projects
- Continuous improvement mindset
- The ability to challenge (the client, the team)
- Team player
- Passion and curiosity
- Sense of ethics, integrity
- Entrepreneurial and innovative mindset
- Great communication and presentation skills
We are looking forward to meeting you!
*Please note that by applying to this role you give your consent to have your personal data processed by Yonder for this role and for future ones.
You can find more details about our policy here.
Subscribe to our newsletter today and get regular updates on customer cases, blog posts, best practices and events.