“Let’s give life to the legacy apps and modernize them.” That is the essence of Yonder’s presentation by Gabriel Lucaciu at the 2023 PUG Challenge.
For nearly 15 years, PUG Challenge has been the event for all those who design, develop, and deploy applications based on OpenEdge and other Progress Software products. This year, the PUG Challenge will take place on 20 – 23 September at Hotel Zuiderduin in the Netherlands, and Progress User Groups from around the world will join in a conference designed to connect with peers and get insights on software development, best practices, and future tech trends.
Yonder has been a frequent supporter of the PUG challenge, with many colleagues presenting their insights into Progress technology over the years. This year, our colleague Gabriel Lucaciu, Delivery Manager and Progress Technology expert, will host a presentation and share his insights. His presentation will focus on:
Refactor, Rewrite or Redesign your Progress App?
The scope of this presentation is to share with the audience the key takeaways after the experience of modernizing several Progress Applications by using the following strategies depending on the stage of the application: Refactor, Re-architect, Rewrite, or Redesign?
The key elements of the presentation are:
- What are today’s expectations about a modern application?
- What is the lifecycle of an application?
- What is the process of application modernization?
- What are the main modernization strategies that can be followed depending on the stage of the application?
- What are the Progress (and its partners’) tools that can help in each of the stages to have a successful modernization?
The key takeaways for the participants will answer the following questions:
- What should I do with my current Progress App to bring it to the expectations of today?
- What are the milestones of the modernization journey for my Progress App?
- How could Progress and its Partners help?
As Gabi mentions in his LinkedIn post, “Let’s give life to the legacy apps and modernize them.” So, if you are going to the PUG in September, click here to catch up with him at the event.
If you can’t join the event in September but would still like to know more about modernizing your Progress app, please click here, and Gabi will get back to you.
Subscribe to our newsletter today and get regular updates on customer cases, blog posts, best practices and events.